Remnant Flora in Victoria
Places to See Remnant Native Flora
Riddells Creek Landcare has a list of Flora Hotspots in the Riddells Creek Area.
- Brisbane Ranges National Park
- Organ Pipes National Park (off Calder Highway)
- Yarra Bend Park (Fairfield)
For a comprehensive list of Victorian National and State Parks, go to Parks Victoria - find national-and-state-parks by name.
Flora checklists for Parks in Victoria can be created from VicFlora Checklist page.
Council Parks and Reserves:
- Afton Street Conservation Park Wetland (Essendon) (Melway 28-D7)
- Arcade Way Reserve (Keilor East) - remnant grassland and revegetation site
- Conglomerate Gully (Riddells Creek)
- Emu Bottom Wetlands Reserve (Sunbury)
- Evans Street Grasslands (Sunbury) - remnant grassland
- J H Allen Reserve (Keilor East) - remnant grassland
- Melton City Council lists of Environmental Reserves
- Mount Charlie Flora Reserve (Riddells Creek)
- Napier Park (Strathmore) - remnant grassland (Melway 16-H12)
- Newell's Paddock (Footscray) - Revegetation site
- Newport Lakes Reserve (Newport): Enter via Margaret Street off Mason Street, Newport (Melway: 55-G3)
- Royal Park( Parkville) - remnant grassland and revegetation site
- Spring Gully Reserve (Niddrie) -revegetation site
- Victoria University's St Albans Campus (also known as Iramoo or the Albion Resource Centre for Grasslands)
- Wybejong Park (Riddells Creek)
Cemetery:Some indigenous plants have been found in some cemeteries: e.g.
- Macedon Cemetery: 54 Bent Street, Macedon
- Rokewood Cemetery: 1540 Geggies Road, Corindhap VIC 3352
- Old Truganina Cemetery: 121-127 Woods Rd, Truganina VIC 3029
- Maranoa Gardens: Parring Road, Balwyn (Melway 46-F7)
- Karwarra Australian Native Botanic Garden
- The Kevin Hoffman Walk: Wingara Dr, Lara (Melway:423-B5)
- Melton Botanic Garden: 1 Tullidge Drive, Melton, VIC 3337 (Melway Map:337-C10 and D10)
- Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne - Long Island (Melway 2F-K12)
- Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne (Melway 133-K10)
- Werribee Open Range Zoo (Melway 201-D1)
There are many grassland reserves along the sides of railway tracks and creek/river projects.